The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia, and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, they also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
Course level: Postdoctoral fellowship
Fields of study: One of the disciplines represented at the University
Institution and country: University of Konstanz, Germany
Sponsor: German government and the Manfred Ulmer-Stiftung für Wissenschaft und Gesellschaft Foundation
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and € 2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines).
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to library resources.
- Access to IT services.
- Access to research support services (via Research Support).
- ZUKOnnect Fellows will benefit from a digital affiliation extending the total period to 12 months. The digital affiliation will be supported with up to € 900 (lump sum)
Eligibility criteria for the ZUKOnnect Fellowship:
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia, or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 years of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate with (no need to contact person(s) in advance).
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of the current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Application deadline: 15 February 2022
How to apply for the ZUKOnnect Fellowship:
Please submit your application documents in English as separate PDF files via their online application portal. The reference number is 2021/277. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university: maximum 2 pages)
- Short summary of your current research project and outlook on your project at the Zukunftskolleg (together maximum 3 pages incl. references)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer
Other additional certificates and documents uploaded to the application platform will not be considered and will manually be removed during the eligibility check.
More information is available online, where you will also find an extensive FAQ document. Further questions can be directed to Daniela Kromrey via e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: (+ 49 (0)7531 88–5686).
If the budget situation permits, the Zukunftskolleg can grant financial support for family members who accompany the ZUKOnnect Fellows during the scholarship.
Other useful links: