The Felix Scholarship was founded to offer gifted underprivileged students from India and certain other developing countries the opportunity of furthering their postgraduate education by attending a university in the UK.
The primary objective of the Felix Scholarship is to stimulate the Felix scholars by exposing them to academic study, cultures, experiences, and friendships that they would not otherwise have had the chance to sample. It is hoped that this, in turn, will endow them with skills and visions, enabling them, when returning to their country of origin, to contribute to the culture and welfare of their home communities.
Course level: Master’s and doctoral (Indian nationals), master’s (other developing countries)
Fields of study: Any of the master’s programs offered at the three Host Institutions
Scholarship period: Up to three (3) years
Institution and country: The University of Oxford, the University of Reading and the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) of the University of London, United Kingdom
Sponsor: Anonymous donor
Number of awards: 20 each year
- Tuition fees at the international rate
- A stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (the current level of which is £13,730)
- Generous allowances for clothes and books
- Return flights to/from the UK
Eligibility criteria for the Felix Scholarship:
- Master’s and Doctoral: Academically gifted and underprivileged nationals of India, who must hold at least a first-class Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian university or a comparable institution; or
- Master’s only: Academically gifted and underprivileged individuals who are not nationals of India or an EEA country, who must hold at least a first-class Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or a comparable institution, and who are recommended by their chosen university.
The closing dates for the receipt of Felix Scholarship application forms are as follows:
- Oxford: Appropriate December 2021 or January 2022 deadline in relation to the chosen course of study.
- Reading: 30th January 2022
- SOAS: 31st January 2022
How to apply for the Felix Scholarship:
Candidates should note that an application can be made to only one institution.
Candidates for the Felix Scholarships at Oxford should note there is no separate application process: in order to be considered, you must submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course. This link to the Oxford website gives more details.
Web address: www.reading.ac.uk/gs-felix.aspx
Candidates for the Felix Scholarship at SOAS should not complete the application form. Instead, they should follow the application procedure detailed at https://soas.ac.uk/registry/scholarships/felix-scholarships.
London, WC1H 0XG, UK.
Web address: www.soas.ac.uk/registry/scholarships
Only those candidates who have been accepted for admission will be considered for shortlisting. Shortlisting by all three universities will take place in March and April 2022 with the interviews taking place in April and May 2022.
Other useful links: