The Provost International Fellowship (PIF) is awarded to outstanding international students who are initiating their graduate program at Simon Fraser University and have received a scholarship from their home country to study abroad. These awards must provide a stipend* for living expenses for students studying abroad for all three terms including costs of Health and Medical Insurance and student fees, other than tuition (*normally valued at minimally $15,000 CDN per year).
Course level: Master’s, Doctoral
Fields of study: Any subject offered at the Simon Fraser University
Institution and country: Simon Fraser University in Canada
Sponsor: Simon Fraser University
The Fellowship has a value equivalent to the student’s tuition based on the research program’s full-time fee, which is currently valued at approximately $1,666 per academic term ($5,000 per year) and will be disbursed on a per term basis.
Eligibility criteria for the Provost International Fellowship:
- Nationality. Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Admissible criteria. To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria: Must have a first-class (SFU equivalent of 3.67) grade point average.
- Financial support. International students having received a major scholarship to study abroad and living expenses’ stipend valued at minimally $15,000 CDN per year.
- Supporting documents. All candidates must provide proof, including dates and value, of the major scholarship they hold.
- Admission requirements. For being admitted, you need to meet the admission requirements for each qualification you plan to study.
- Language requirement. If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency. For more information go through the English language requirements page.
Application deadline: Open applications
How to apply for the Provost International Fellowship:
To be considered for the fellowship, candidates are obliged to apply for admission to the Master & Doctoral degree program at the university. After that, eligible candidates should contact the Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies Office directly at email@example.com, with the supporting documentation, as listed above.
Other useful links: