The NN Future Matters Scholarship is offered by National Nederlanden or NN, one of the largest insurance and asset management companies in the Netherlands. One of their priorities is to build the economic capabilities of today’s young people. Taking this social responsibility very seriously, they are pleased to offer young people who need support access to NN’s means and expertise.
Course level: Master’s
Fields of study: Finance, risk management, economics, data science or entrepreneurship
Institution and country:
Participating Dutch universities. Utrecht University, VU Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Tilburg University, Erasmus University, Maastricht University, Radboud University Nijmegen
Sponsor: NN Group
Scholarship inclusions: The scholarship consists of an amount of € 5,000 (except for students from Turkey and Japan*) and a mentorship. You will receive € 4,500 in two installments of € 2,250 each during the academic year and € 500 at the end of your studies. You will be matched with an NN mentor who will coach you throughout your studies. With this NN Future Matters scholarship and coaching program, NN aims to help you engage in your own professional development.
* Part of the scholarship is meant for tuition fees. Students from non-EEA countries like Turkey and Japan pay a much higher tuition fee than EEA students, therefore the scholarship for Turkish and Japanese students is larger (up to a maximum of € 20,000).
Eligibility criteria for the NN Future Matters Scholarship:
- Nationality. Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Japan, the Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain or Turkey.
- The master’s degree program is a full-time program in the field of finance, risk management, economics, data science or entrepreneurship at one of the participating Dutch research universities.
- The master’s degree program starts in September of the academic year 2020-2021.
- You are a first-generation academic, i.e. your parents or guardians don’t have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the institution of your choice.
- Preferably, you have not yet studied or worked abroad.
Application deadline: The deadline for applications is on 2 April 2020. After the deadline, NN Group and Nuffic will assess all eligible applications and select the applicants who will be granted the scholarship. All applicants are informed about the results by mid-June 2020.
How to apply for the NN Future Matters Scholarship:
Applications need to be submitted online via NN’s online application system (Delta).
- Collect all required information and documents before starting with your It is not possible to save your application and continue at a later stage. You need to finish the application in one go. .
- Your application can be rejected if it is not complete (if not all the required information or documents are submitted) or if the documents don’t match the requirements below.
- Submit one application. If you consider more than 2 study programs, please name them in the remarks field of your application. If you submit more than one application, only the most recently submitted application will be taken into consideration. The others will be canceled.
- If you have any questions please email .
- After you have prepared your application in the , make sure all the information is correct and click on ‘submit’. You will receive a confirmation email.
- Once submitted, you cannot change your application. Therefore, make sure that the information and documents are correct and complete before you submit them. You must apply before 2 April 2020.
Other useful links: