A number of Faculty doctoral scholarships and bursaries are available in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) at Lancaster University. Lancaster’s Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is home to over 20 disciplines, with many placing in the top 10 in major UK league tables and top 100 in world rankings.
Course level: Doctoral
Fields of study:
Architecture | Art | Creative Writing | Criminology | Design | Educational Research | English Language | English Literature | Environment, Culture & Society | Languages & Cultures | Film | Gender & Women’s Studies | History | Law | Linguistics | Media & Cultural Studies | Philosophy | Politics | Religious Studies | Social Anthropology | Social Work | Sociology | Theatre Studies
Institution and country: Lancaster University, United Kingdom
Sponsor: Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Lancaster University
- Cost of tuition fee
- Maintenance allowance of £15,000 per year for up to 3 years
Eligibility criteria for the FASS Faculty Doctoral Scholarship:
- Nationality. UK students and international students (including EU and EEA)
- Applicants must already hold an offer of a place to study a postgraduate doctoral programme in any department in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences before applying for a scholarship, and be due to commence their studies during the 2022-23 academic year.
Application deadline: 22 March 2022, 17:00 GMT
How to apply for the FASS Faculty Doctoral Scholarship:
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, please complete the Faculty Doctoral Scholarship application form and send it to the relevant departmental contact by Monday 22nd March 2021, 17:00 (GMT).
- PPR Gillian Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
- English & Creative Writing Janet Tyson email@example.com
- Languages & Cultures Laura Wilkinson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linguistics & English Language Peter Davies email@example.com
- Sociology Beth Young firstname.lastname@example.org
- History Rebecca Sheppard email@example.com
- LICA Andrew Goddard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Educational Research Alison Sedgwick email@example.com
- Law Shana Henriques firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for a doctoral scholarship, you must already hold an offer of a place to study in a department in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and should be due to start your studies between October 2022 and January 2023. You must apply for the scholarship in advance of registering to start your programme with Lancaster University. Where your offer of a place on a programme is conditional, the scholarship will only be confirmed when the conditions of the offer are met.
Faculty Doctoral Scholarships are made subject to continuing satisfactory progress and may be withdrawn at any time if your progress is deemed to be unsatisfactory. If you hold a UK Research Council studentship or equivalent award, you may not apply for a Faculty Doctoral Scholarship. If you are successful in securing alternative external funding at any time during the period covered by the award, the Faculty reserves the right to withhold the unpaid portion of the scholarship. Those who receive a scholarship award are normally be required to undertake work in their Department, as a condition of their award.
Other useful links: