Sciences Po created the Emile Boutmy scholarship, named after the founder of Sciences Po (1871), in order to welcome the very best international students from outside the European Union. The Emile Boutmy Scholarship is awarded to top students whose profiles match the admissions priorities of Sciences Po and individual course requirements.
Course level: Bachelor’s and Master’s
Fields of study: Bachelor’s and Master’s programs offered at the Sciences Po
Institution and country: Sciences Po in Paris, France
Sponsor: Sciences Po
For Bachelor’s programs, the Emile Boutmy scholarship can take several different forms:
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program, in addition to a grant to cover part of the cost of living of €5000 per year.
- A tuition grant of €7,300 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program.
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program.
- A tuition grant of €3,000 per year for the three years of the undergraduate program.
On an exceptional basis, a scholarship of 19,000€ may be granted to cover the three years of College. Scholarship amounts are decided during the different admission juries.
For Master’s programs, the Emile Boutmy scholarship can take two different forms:
- A grant of €10,000 per year to cover tuition fees for the two years of the Masters
- A tuition grant of €5,000 per year for the two years of the Masters.
- First-time applicants at the Sciences Po
- From a non-European Union state
- Those whose household does not file taxes within the European Union
- Those who have been admitted to one of Sciences Po’s Bachelor’s or Master’s programs
- The scholarship is awarded based on factors of excellence and according to the type of profile sought for this program
- Social criteria are also taken into account.
Students are not eligible if they fall under one of these criteria.
- For bachelor’s program: 28 February 2021. You must apply for the Emile Boutmy scholarship directly in your Sciences Po online application. Please note that no application for the scholarship sent by email will be accepted.
- For the master’s program: 6 December 2020
How to apply for the Emile Boutmy Scholarship:
Students must indicate that they are applying for the Emile Boutmy scholarship in the “Financial information” section of their Sciences Po application. Applicants might be asked to provide proof of income and documents explaining their family situation (e.g. income tax return for both parents, payslips, divorce certificate, unemployment benefits, documents related to alimony, child support or retirement pensions, or death certificate). Applicants must also attach, if applicable, their language test before the application deadline of the scholarship.
The Admissions Department is responsible for awarding Emile Boutmy scholarships. Please note that scholarship requests will only be taken into account if the applicant is admitted to one of the university’s eligible programs.
Other useful links: