The Department of Science and Technology’s or DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarship Program aims to stimulate and entice talented Filipino youths to pursue lifetime productive careers in science and technology and ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources that can steer the country towards national progress.
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994” of the Philippines, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status do not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
Course level: Bachelor’s
Fields of study: Science and technology fields, i.e. basic sciences, engineering, applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching
Institution and country: Philippine state universities and colleges
Sponsor: Philippine government
- Tuition and other school fees (P40,000/year)
- Book allowance (P10,000/year)
- Group Health and Accident Insurance
- Transportation allowance (for those studying outside their home province)
- Monthly living allowance (P7,000/month)
- Thesis allowance (P10,000)
- Graduation clothing allowance (P1,000)
- Summer class tuition fees and allowances
Eligibility criteria for the DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators;
- A. Member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class, or B. Member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- A resident of the municipality as attested by the barangay;
- Of good moral character and in good health;
- Do not have any post-secondary or undergraduate units
- A. Have not taken any previous DOST-SEI examination, or B. Have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship, or C. A qualifier of the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship but did not avail of the award;
- A qualifier of the S&T Scholarship Examination
Application deadline: Application period is usually from June to September of every year.
How to apply for the DOST S&T Undergraduate Scholarship:
Application forms are downloadable through www.sei.dost.gov.ph. If you want to apply directly to the office in Manila, you can find it in Science Education Institute, 2nd Level, Science Heritage Bldg., DOST Compound, General Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City, Metro Manila.
If you are living in the province, you may ask for application forms from DOST Regional Offices, Provincial Science and Technology Centers (PSTC).
You can also file an online application through DOST’s S&T E-Scholarship Application System.
Other useful links: