CIMB, a leading ASEAN universal bank and one of Southeast Asia’s foremost corporate advisors, is offering the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship to promising young students in the ASEAN region. Going beyond financial support, their ASEAN scholarship program provides exciting professional development and a mentor support system designed to empower the region’s young talent to turn their lives around and make a difference for those around them.
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a highly selective, full scholarship for exceptional undergraduate students from ASEAN countries in which CIMB has a presence. In recognizing the evolving nature of the banking industry, CIMB welcomes applicants from a wide variety of academic disciplines. They have previously sponsored applicants studying Computer Science and Engineering, apart from degrees traditionally associated with a career in banking. For example, Accounting, Economics, Law, Finance.
Course level: Bachelor’s
Fields of study: Banking industry-related fields, i.e. finance, accounting, computer science, economics, engineering, and law
Institution and country: Any reputable university worldwide
- All academic fees, i.e. tuition, registration, and examination fees
- Book allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Visa/travel documents fees
- Career mentoring
- Internships and post-graduation employment opportunities
- Global networking opportunities
- CIMB cultural assimilation opportunities
- Age. 24 years and below
- Nationality. Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or the Philippines.
- Monthly household income of not more than RM15,000 per month (for Malaysian applicants).
- Already accepted or expecting acceptance to pursue their undergraduate studies starting in 2020 within any academic discipline at a reputable university. University students with a minimum of 2 more years of undergraduate study are also encouraged to apply.
- In possession of an excellent academic track record and active in extracurricular activities.
- Non-recipients of any other scholarship or grant, with a contractual obligation on the part of the applicant.
Application deadline: Application for the CIMB ASEAN Scholarship for 2020 is now open from 16 March – 15 April 2020.
How to apply: Applications are done thru the CIMB Online Application Portal.
Other useful links: